Annual Monitoring Programme 2023
Following the commencement of the remaining powers and functions of AHBRA in July 2022, we have introduced our Annual Monitoring Programme where all AHBs are requested to provide a range of information and performance data on their organisations activities to AHBRA on an annual basis.
The Annual Monitoring Programme is an important function for AHBRA as we will analyse and evaluate information provided by AHBs to:
- inform future planned assessment programmes
- identify common risk areas and trends across the sector
- tailor education and guidance needs for AHBs based on the risks identified
- publish an annual sector analysis which will provide useful information across the sector
What should your AHB do?
All AHBs deemed to be registered with AHBRA were issued an Annual Monitoring Form in September 2023. AHBs are asked to complete all sections of the Annual Monitoring Form issued in full.
- You should submit your completed annual monitoring form by email to email@example.com
- If you are unable to complete the Excel version and require a hard copy form, you can request one by contacting AHBRA by telephone on 01 224-3900.
Please submit the Annual Monitoring Form, alongside your latest financial statements no later than 5pm Wednesday 8th November 2023.
Failure to submit the form by the deadline may result in the AHB being referred for regulatory action, as appropriate.
Advice and Guidance
To assist your organisation in completing the annual monitoring form we have also developed an Explanatory Note which provides advice and guidance for AHBs on what information is expected by AHBRA. This Explanatory Note has been issued alongside the Annual Monitoring Form to all AHBs.
Our AHB has not received the Annual Monitoring Form?
AHBs who have failed to comply with a direction under Section 36 of the Housing (Regulation of Approved Housing Bodies) Act 2019 to submit the 2022 Annual Monitoring Form.
The submission of the Annual Monitoring Form is a crucial part of AHBRA’s regulatory framework, providing valuable insights and performance data on AHBs’ activities.
A number of AHBs did not respond to AHBRA’s requests to submit the Annual Monitoring Form. These AHBs were given a direction under Section 36 of the Housing (Regulation of Approved Housing Bodies) Act 2019 to return the requested information. An AHB which is given a Section 36 direction is required to comply with the direction within the time frame set out in it.