The Register: Timelines for Commencement
The powers and functions of AHBRA will be commenced on a phased basis. It is anticipated that all aspects relating to Registration will be commenced in early 2022.
The AHBRA shall, as soon as practicable after the commencement establish and maintain a register of AHBs, ‘The Register’.
Information for the Register
The Housing (Regulation of Approved Housing Bodies) Act 2019 specifies the type of information that the AHBRA must enter in the Register. This includes:
- the name of the person concerned and the person’s principal place of business in the State,
- the registration number issued to the person,
- the activity to which the registration relates,
- in the case of a company, the names of the directors of the company,
- in the case of a registered society, the names of the members of the committee of management or other directing body of the society,
- in the case of a friendly society within the meaning of the Friendly Societies Acts 1896 to 2018, the names of the members of the committee of management of the society,
- in the case of a charitable trust, the names of the trustees of the trust,
- in the case of a person not falling within paragraph (d), (e), (f) or (g), as the case may be, such particulars as the Regulator considers appropriate, and
- any other particulars as the Regulator considers appropriate.
The Register will contain relevant information regarding AHBs and will be made publicly available on the internet and any other means that the AHBRA considers appropriate.
It is strongly recommended that AHBs familiarise themselves with the legislation, the registration framework, eligibility criteria, the application to register and the information required or that may be sought by the AHBRA when an organisation is deemed registered.
The majority of the functions and powers of the AHBRA will be phased in during 2021 and 2022. As each power and function is conferred upon the AHBRA, it will communicate the requirements to all key stakeholders.